Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pipes!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years!

We had our site scrape on 11th Nov, and then nothing until this week... Basically to cut a long story short there were some delays with getting approvals for our drains / pipes though City West Water as the Developers did not pass them on for approval earlier. Unfortunately this took approx 1 month to go through and by then Carlisle did not want to do anything else until after Christmas.

Ended up signing our final plans just before Christmas...

In the mean time we had a few small issues.
Firstly, our chosen timber laminate was discontinued. Went in and rechose another similar looking one... Although I think I like this one slightly better. Glen didn't come as he 'trusted' my choice!
Secondly, had to change a couple of kitchen door handles to the smaller size to fit smaller cupboard doors. Somehow this was not picked up on until the last minute and Carlisle tried to charge us a variation fee for it. Got ourselves out of that one though... It should have been picked up by the draftsmen!


Below are a few pics which have been taken since the last update...


Site scrape was carried out on 11th Nov. Here are some pics taken about 1 week later (clearly after some rain). I don't think I ordered any swimming pools... One for the porch

And in the background you might be able to see a super dooper one for the alfresco!

Visit to the block on the 10th Jan found a tap!

AND a water meter!!

We also found a nice pile of dirt in preparation for the drains. This green thing along the front of the block was called a "sediment barrier". Not many people in the estate have one though... so not sure why it is there?

Monday was 43degC, Tuesday night was the hottest night ever... and Tuesday morning (12th Jan) didn't drop below about 34degC... Some time during during that heat they put our pipes in!
Good work boys =D
Two days later (14th Jan) the land was flattened and we have a temp fence...


Had a call from CLE (a diff one as 'M' is on holidays)... Our slab is definitely going in on Saturday (16th Jan)! Things are moving so quickly now! (Clearly they want money.. But I want our house too!)


1 comment:

  1. Sarah, its looking good!! About time work has continued!!

    Could you please post the following message in the Carlisle thread - thanks!



    To all Carlislers,

    My work is done on the Homeone forum, and on this particular thread.

    It has been a pleasure to watch this thread grow, and see so many people building with this company.

    It has been rewarding to see such discussion and talk going on, about Carlisle, and I hope I have assisted in generating this discussion... (I think I had at least 200 posts alone in this thread?)

    With regards to all Carlisle builds, whether they are halway complete, or just started, I wish you luck! :) However, I will assure you, that your experience with Carlisle Homes will be second to none. Im trying not to sound like a Carlisle employee, but yes, I guarantee it.

    I hope this thread will stay popular and will be updated every now and again. It is, in my opinion, a worthwhile and useful resource for new Carlislers, as it can be easily found by a search engine.

    I hope that you have learned one or two things from this thread, I know I have, and this is probably my favourite thread on the forum... I always looked forward to reading the new posts, and was never relunctant to make a post.

    Again, I wish you all the best for the future! :) I would love to hear about your Carlisle build! So if you want, my email address is andrew.le@live.com.au - which is also in my S&PMkII profile.

    Have fun on the forums guys!

    ___________________________________________


    Thanks Sarah! I look forward to seeing it on the forum! :)

    ReplyDelete